Saving Mes Aynak has continued to spark dialogue and make headlines regarding the imminent destruction of a Mes Aynak, one of the world's most significant archaeological excavations, by a Chinese state-owned mining company eager to harvest $100 billion dollars worth of copper buried directly beneath the archaeological ruins.
Read about Saving Mes Aynak in the following publications:
- CNBC: China plans to destroy an ancient Buddhist city to get the copper buried there
- International Business Times: China to destroy 5,000 year-old Buddhist city in Afghanistan for copper extraction
- South China Morning Post: China plans to destroy ancient Buddhist city to get copper bonanza
- CatchNews: China to destroy ancient Buddhist city of 'Mes Aynak' in Afghanistan for copper mining
- Yahoo! News: China to destroy ancient Buddhist city of 'Mes Aynak' in Afghanistan for copper mining
- Boeddhistisch Dagblad: China already engaged in destroying Buddhist city Mes Aynak
- Mongols China and the Silk Road Blog: Medill Professor Brent Huffman discusses his award-winning film 'Saving Mes Aynak'
- Spirituality Practice: An Afghan archaeologist's passionate attempts to defend one of this century's most significant discoveries of a sacred site
- Daily Pioneer: China's new-found but fake love for religion
- Global Buddhist DoorM: is time running out for the 5,000 year-old Mes Aynak archaeological site in Afghanistan?
Saving Mes Aynak is now available on Netflix!
For upcoming screenings and ways to get involved in #SavingMesAynak, click here.